Using Shea Butter as a Make-up Remover
Did you know, that you can use shea butter to remove lipstick, waterproof mascara, eyeshadow and foundation? Yes, you can...they don't call shea butter the superfood for your skin for nothing! It has so many benefits!
How To Remove Eye Makeup with Shea Butter
- Take a small pea-sized scoop of shea butter into the palm of your hand.
- Gently warm it between your fingertips until it melts into a creamy oil consistency.
- With eyes closed, gently pat and massage onto your eyelids, lashes and brow area. Be careful not to get it in your eye.
- Use moist cotton pad or cloth to wipe off.
How to Remove Facial Makeup with Shea Butter
- Scoop out a quarter-sized scoop into the palm of your hand.
- Rub together in palms and massage onto your face and neck with your fingertips.
- Rub upwards from the neck and over the chin.
- Massage across the lips and outward towards the ears.
- Rub the shea butter across your forehead and down your nose.
- Using a warm cloth or moist cotton pads, remove shea butter and makeup.
- Followup with your regular cleansing and toning routine.
Using shea butter to remove your makeup is natural, non-toxic, and inexpensive. It works as a moisturizer and helps protect your skin against the signs of aging. The positive benefits of shea butter are just one more reason to remove your makeup before going to bed.
Willette Monk, AKA (The OG)
Licensed Holistic Esthetician,
Founder, GreenSistah Botanicals