Maskne is Real
Did you know...that maskne is an acne that forms around the mouth and chin, caused by wearing a mask.
When you breathe or talk, your mask tends to build up a lot of hot air. This creates a warm environment around the skin, an ideal condition for yeast, bacteria and skin mites to grow and thrive.
The warm condition and the friction caused from the mask rubbing against your skin can cause your pores to become clogged with trapped bacteria and oils which cause breakouts.
What can you do about it?
- Wash your mask after each use and put it in the dryer
- Avoid hanging your mask around your chin when you don't need it on
- Clean your face before bed.
- Use GreenSistah™ Botanicals Deep Pore Cleansing kit
- Schedule a visit with a licensed skincare professional. In the Hampton Roads, VA area, book with Willette Marie